Friday, September 28, 2007

Fifth Week..

It does not feel so. I am transformed in just four weeks. I think fast and do things faster. Last Sunday I went to dinner with a friend from M.S. It was fun. We went 3 hours and it was awesome. I met a person outside MBA for the first time and we talked about things other than MBA. I returned at 10:30 PM and read two cases till 1:30 AM before going to bed.

Monday started with the Finance Manager from INTEL talking about one of the projects that they are considering. It was about NPV calculation and I have participated in the case to the extent I can. It was really good. The marketing cases are always lengthy but they are fun to read.

Accounting has got a case to be read and I did read it. How can I miss it? We discussed the income statements and analyzing them. Operations class has been interesting all along and it is getting into real life scenarios. Next week we have to simulate a real factory scenario. I have to work with my team mate on that over the weekend.

There are many companies that came to campus this week. Delloitte, Discover, Microsoft, Huron and many more. I attended most of them, just to know about their operations.

I am done with the critical thinking exam today and I wrote the paper in 1 hour as opposed to the exam time of 2 hours. Have to look how I have done. Last week Quant midterm results came out and I scored 68. The mean was 70. I don’t mind. I am around the mean and that’s fine in that subject for me.

Also, I have attended the consulting club event. We will have case cracker sessions from next Friday onwards. How can I miss them? I love and love cases. I am going through some casebooks and am able to navigate through the case in a structured manner. I have to improve a lot on that. Also, I spoke to the second year guy, who is the current Vice President of professional development for consulting club. I talked to him about the tasks he take up and the difficulties and hurdles in the post. I would like to work in that post. I like developing others as part of the strategy and in turn developing my interpersonal skills.

Next week there are many home works lined up. I know. I tell the same thing every week. But, that’s the truth. It gets intense as we go on and I hope to cope up with that.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I could not stop myself from appreciating your efforts in updating the blog so regularly and in keeping your readers wanting to read more from your blog. Keep going. :-)

D A said...

Thank you. :).

Unknown said...

This is a fantastic, It is glad to see this blog, nice informative blog, Thanks for share this article.


reflective essay