Saturday, February 02, 2008

Interview fever..

Ya.life goes on.. I have attended one more interview last Thursday and it went quite well. Though, I am not sure when will they get back for the second round. It is a procurement intern position in a large retail firm. I would love to work in that as the scale is around $50 billion. I can learn so many things from that experience. I had a very cordial discussion with the interviewer. I sent an e-mail to him a couple of months ago asking for an informational interview. I did not know that he would be the person to interview.
He got back to me a week ago and told that he can interview me if I am interested in. I was already on the interview list and told him the same. We had a nice discussion and he asked me to give him a call if I have any questions. I took that as a positive sign.
I have an interview on Monday with a big Chemical company. It is for Finance position. It would be a nice position to work on as they have huge international operations.
As you can see, all of my discussion goes around internship interviews and not the courses. I am not reading anything for classes these days. I feel sad that the courses are o good ad I am not doing much. If I can finish this internship early, I will jump on to that.

BTW: What do you guys feel about the MSFT, YAHO deal? I feel that there are not any synergies to be realized as both of them are lagging. And, see the cultural differences. Yahoo is a cowboy and MS is a old king. Can they ever agree on anything. Many acquisitions fail as the key people in the target company leave after the acquisition and it will happen with Yahoo too.
There is a nice article: Microsoft and Yahoo!: Happily Ever After?

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, this is not a match made in heaven. Both their cultures are totally different. But this offer is not because it's a good match, but it's because Microsoft desperately needs a foot in the ground on internet or else Google will continue to expand its kingdom and MS will be nowhere (on internet).

D A said...

I wont be surprised if MS is on its way to decline. The tech space changes so fast.
An acquisition needs to add strategic value and should not be just for "Me Too". MS should concentrate on its core competency (OS) and make the life of people easy and not difficult as it makes with each subsequent OS release and the associated costs.

Unknown said...

YES! Having found Neo-Tech from a Reason magazine ad/interview
back in 1981, I have ordered much valuable information for myself and as gifts for those I love. I have NEVER been disappointed or felt ripped-off.


Persuasive Essay