Sunday, November 04, 2007

Tenth Week..

It was so fast that I did not realize that we are through with it. Days are just rolling by. I did a little of case preparation. We had to submit marketing memo and quant assignment on the same day. We worked till 12 for memo and I could not get up to go to the class the next morning. That made me bunk the class for the first time. It is a finance class.
I realized that day that I have to take a break when I can no longer push myself without sacrificing efficiency. We successfully submitted the marketing memo and quant assignment. The marketing classes have been interesting. The pricing strategies are really mind blowing. I want to do some reading on pricing and price wars.
Our quant professor told that they are looking for PhD candidates to teach. It seems that they will pay upwards of $100,000 to a professor and that goes up if the professor is from accounting. Those made me think again about my plan to get a PhD. But, I convinced myself that I need to work for some time before going for a PhD.
I got some contacts at big consulting firms while searching over the net and wrote to them asking for information. One of them replied and asked me to call her at 5 Pm on Tuesday. I have to prepare for the phone call. Also, I got in touch with our professor to discuss about a trip to big consulting firms. He told that it is a good idea and he can help me set this up. Also, he suggested that one of the recent alums arranged a similar thing and asked me to get in touch with him. I emailed him and got a reply. I need to speak to him on Monday.
We have just one more week of classes before the case competition. Case competition contributes 10% to the semester marks, so it is an important event.
Also, I am a part of the Toast masters and next Monday I am the key speaker. I have to prepare for that too. My english is not that great and I need to improve spoken communication. My accent is british and sometimes it is becoming difficult for peoplr to get me. My written communication is good.
I am out of the money that I brought from home. I need to call my friend and get the money. Time has become the biggest constraint these days. We need to manage so many things yet, I set myself free over the weekends and watch movies and talk with friends.

0 Comments: