Saturday, December 01, 2007

Fourteenth Week..

The week started on a slow note. I missed the first class on Monday as I could not get up before 8 AM. I made up for that on Tuesday. On Wednesday I attended classes from 8 AM to Evening 5 PM as one of my friends wanted to attend my classes on Thursday. I was at home Thursday sleeping and enjoying for more time.

I contested for the President of Consulting Club. My plan was to contest for Vice President. But, after I spoke to current president, she asked me to contest for President. I did that. I got into the race just one day before the voting. I did a great presentation. But, I lost the election. Can you guess how much margin I lost by? ONE VOTE. Yes. It’s so minimal. The new resident and the current presidents and others are asking me to run for VP. I don’t want people to fee that whatever initiatives I am planning are not targeted for a position. I would carry them even I don’t have a position. That’s what I told them.

Others are asking me to get into Alumni relations so that I can help not only Consulting Club but school in general. I need to decide that by tonight. I am not sure. Coming to the Chicago trip, many people showed interest and we will do that. We will be contacting the firms starting this Monday. We had a case competition on Monday and lost in the third round. My opponent won the final round too. There is a $400 iPod as gift. I missed it. :-( .

ON the personal front, my parents are trying hard to do arrange the things for my sister's visa. I hope everything goes smooth this time. All in all, I am suffering, coming up and enjoying my small victories and trying to improve myself. B-School gives us a great opportunity to improve our weak areas. For someone it is soft skills like leadership skills and for someone it is analytical skills. I am improving my soft skills and I am happy with my performance thus far. Next week we have final exams starting up. I have to read at least something. :).

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

Using what I have learned from Neo-Tech Cosmic Business Control I have opened my own business in Houston Texas.The mini day concept is wonderfulan during this learning process, happening daily, Neo-Tec h is there!The website is visited daily. My next great achievement is to find a Neo-Tech lady.

Persuasive Essay