Sunday, January 06, 2008

First week of New Year..

Coming to the things at home, My mom and sister went to Chennai for visa interview. They came to know that there was a theft at our home when they were in Chennai and there were items stolen to the tune of Rs. 100,000. They went ahead but my sister again could not get the visa. The unfortunate thing is we have got everything. Loan letter and all. The Visa interview did not even mark what is the deficiency. Immediately after the interview they returned home. I called them up when they were on the way and my mom and sister were very sad that there was a theft and we lost many valuables.

Then I called them up after a couple of days and it seems we did not lose many things. We lost the silver that the bank gave my dad as gifts and prizes. It is worth Rs. 15-20,000. Also, we lost around Rs.8,000 in cash. They were relieved to know that. My mother has the habit of keeping the gold not inside the alma rah but at places like albums etc.

Also, they found that the Laptop I bought for my sister just before I came to US was there. Also, the watch that I presented my dad was there. The gold chain that we took out from bank with the loan that I got was there. So, the sadness was more from sentiment than from
the loss of things. I shared this one of the good friends that I made after I came to US and that made me feel lighter. At the end, we are all happy that we did not lose much.

Coming to m friends aspect, One of my friends back in India has got a JMET rank of 136. We were trying for MBA ever since we were friends at NITW. It was for the past 6 years. I came here for that he took a long leave of 3 months this year to appear for CAT and other MBA exams. The CAT results will be out tomorrow. I am glad for his JMET rank and hope for good score in CAT.

Coming to the things at Kelley, we applied for interviews in the first 3 weeks starting January 22. We are waiting for the shortlist.
We have classes starting tomorrow though I need not get up early as my first class is at 9:30 AM. I got a GPA of only 3.3 in the last semester. I concentrated more on networking as that is one of my weakest areas. Now we have to prepare for interviews. Hope every thing goes good.

All the best to second round applicants.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm sorry you got robbed but fortunately that can be sorted out with time. The really unfortunate thing is that your sister got her visa denied. I hope that changes in the future.

Best regards

D A said...

Gabriel,

Good to see your message after a long time I will write to you.

Unknown said...

The 'story' seems to reflect some very misunderstood notions regarding every day life as we live it. The understanding ofthese differences could lead many to a new existence in their life. Very interesting and
powerful!



Persuasive Essay