Monday, December 24, 2007

Vacation Week-1

It was an awesome week. I came to NY after a 3 hours delay in Atlanta. I went to NY on monday to meet our school alumni at PwC. They were simply superb. We discussed the opportunities at PwC in various practices over lunch. They were simple, practical, and understanding. They told that they will try to put me through the Performance Improvement practice guys.
On Tuesday, I woke-up at 5 AM to go to NY and meet Citibank guys. It was a good meeting and I learned about the opportunities at Citicards from the experience of the current Associates.
On Wednesday, I was home lazying around and sleeping for most of the time.
On Thursday, I went to meet a Principal at a Investment Bank. He is an alum of our school. I concluded from this experience that I will not get into IB.
Friday I was at home and went to visit Sridhar in Stamford, CT along with Swaroop. Both are friends from B.Tech. I spent saturday with them and we went to watch Taare Zameen Par. It was a nice movie.
I came to NY on Sunday noon to meet an Associate at McKinsey. He was straightforward. We discussed about consulting and his experience. He told just one thing: IF YOU ARE COMMITTED TO CONSULTING, YOU WILL GET A JOB IN THAT FIELD. How truthful can it be.

I continue to receive news that hurt me. I am numbed by now to feel sad for that.

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU WILL GET A JO IN THAT
JO? What is Jo?

D A said...

Sorry Raj,
That was a spelling mistake.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I had guessed JOY :-)

Anyway, is there any possibility of having a work-life balance AND work in consulting? Challenging work in consulting appeal s to me, but the traveling and 70 hour weeks don't..

D A said...

Its very rare to have a Consulting assignment, which does not involve travel.